<< Back to Exhibitors Main Page
Click HERE to apply to be an Exhibitor at the 2013 People's Fair
The CHUN Capitol Hill People’s Fair is one of the largest two-day festivals in the country with over 225,000 fairgoers, and is one of Colorado’s longest-running outdoor urban festivals featuring handmade arts, crafts, food from local and regional restaurants and live local entertainment. Each year, we set goals to improve and upgrade the People’s Fair.
This year, in response to the changing market and feedback from vendors, we have decided to make some much needed adjustments to the way we categorize applications, jury and accept vendors to participate in the Capitol Hill People’s Fair. We no longer have an arts and crafts or sundry application. Vendor applications have been broken down into five separate applications:
- Fine Art
- Hand Crafted
- Personal Service
- Gourmet Pre-Packaged Food
To review the application descriptions please visit our Exhibitors page. We value your participation in the People’s Fair and want to make it a beneficial experience for everyone.
- Exhibitors will be assigned a 10’ x 10’ space. Exhibitors must provide their own booth set-up, including appropriate tent, canopy or covering, adequate weight supports, as well as tables and chairs, etc.
- Tents, canopies, etc. may not be staked in Civic Center Park per the rules and regulations of Denver Parks and Recreation. You MUST use weights to support/secure your tent.
- Exhibitors MUST be present at their booths throughout the fair to exhibit their work personally.
- Exhibitors may not leave their assigned booth spaces to sell, solicit or distribute information in the walkways.
- Booths may not be bought for resale.
- Exhibitors may only exhibit work typified by images and descriptions for the category(ies) in which they were accepted. Any and all items you plan to sell must be juried/reviewed in their appropriate application and category(ies).
- There is no rain date, and no refunds will be given for weather-related issues.
- Exhibitors who are accepted into the fair will receive a Countdown Packet in late April/early May via email. The Countdown Packet provides detailed information regarding canopy/tent rentals, fair policies, load-in/out days and times, instructions and other important information.
- Exhibitors who are accepted into the fair will receive an Access Packet in early/mid May via US postal mail. This will include a map, load in/out and parking instructions along with your physical access pass to gain access on to the People’s Fair footprint.
- Minimal security will be provided Friday and Saturday nights, but all items of value should be removed from booths overnight each night.
- New this year, in lieu of the hospitality tent, we will be delivering a hospitality goodie package to each booth, each day, which will include light snacks and bottled water.
- Booth sitters will be available upon request.
If you and another exhibitor are going to share the same 10'x10' booth space, you need to pay an additional $100. The 2nd exhibitor MUST fill out their own application form and pay the application and category(ies) fee(s). The second exhibitor will be juried/reviewed on his/her own. The second exhibitor does not have to pay a separate booth space fee.
JURY INFORMATION (If applicable to your application)
The panel of jurors will be comprised of professional artisans representing a variety of mediums and selected members of fair management. The jury process is based on three categories: originality, quality of workmanship, and artistic expression. Each applicant is only juried against those in their own category(ies). Selections of those accepted into the fair are based on their average score. Decisions of the jury are final. To volunteer for the jury please email Andreafurness@chundenver.org
PAYMENT OPTIONS: You have three (3) options:
A.) Pay in full with a credit card: Fill out credit card payment information with authorization signature. (Visa, MasterCard and Discover are accepted - AMEX is NOT accepted)
B.) Pay in full with a check
C.) Split payment with two (2) checks:
i. Both checks must be sent in together
ii. Each check must be made for one-half (1/2) of the “Total Fees Due”
iii. The first check will be deposited upon receipt
iv. The second check MUST be postdated for April 12, 2013 and will be deposited on that day.
v. Make checks payable to “CHUN”
vi. Mail checks to:
CHUN – People’s Fair
1290 Williams St. Ste 102
Denver, CO 80218
* Returned checks will be assessed a $25 fee.
If you submit an application for the 2013 CHUN Capitol Hill People’s Fair and you request to withdraw, you must do so via telephone or email by 5:00PM on the following dates in the refund schedule.
- 100% Refund with notification: December 14, 2012 – 5PM, Friday, March 22, 2013
- 50% Refund with notification: After 5PM, March 22, 2013 – 5PM, Friday, April 12, 2013
- 0% Refund: NO refund will be given after 5PM, Friday, April 12, 2013
By meeting the deadline in the refund schedule, you will receive a refund of a percentage (indicated in the refund schedule) of all fees due with the exception of the application fee & any and all additional category(ies) fee(s). Refunds will be processed by check only.
The 2012 People's Fair was a great success! Thank you to all the exhibitors and fair-goers that attended the fair. If you received an application in 2013 we already have you in our database. If you have moved or have new information please email us at email@example.com.
Art & Craft Show Reviews, Schedules and More
ArtFairCalendar.com: Fine Art Fairs and Craft Show Event Listings
Free art show and craft fairs calendar and email list for art festivals across the U.S. Join our free art fair email list!